On a fresh Elasticsearch server, any changes to the "Elasticsearch details" page (via Ploi GUI), e.g. updating "Network host", it also adds "discovery.seed_hosts: null" to the /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml config file which breaks Elasticsearch (it won't restart).
The reason is failing is not immediately clear but I have eventually found this in the syslog which gave me the clue:
Exception in thread "main" ElasticsearchParseException[null-valued setting found for key [discovery.seed_hosts] found at line number , column number ]
Manually removing the
discovery.seed_hosts: null from the elasticsearch.yml file fixes the problem but essentially that gets added back whenever we update the config from the GUI.
N.B. By default, the "Discovery seed hosts" filed in the GUI is empty.
Update: Also, discovery.type: single-node is needed to be able to start Elasticsearch. I suppose that is there the first time the server is installed but then removed when using the Ploi GUI.
Dennis moved item to board Live2 months ago
Dennis moved item to board In progress2 months ago
Dennis moved item to board Live3 months ago
Dennis moved item to board In progress3 months ago
Dennis moved item to board Planned3 months ago
Cristian Balan moved item to project Bugs7 months ago
Cristian Balan created the item7 months ago