James Cocker

James Cocker

Live

When changing the "Domain" for a site clone, the cloned site ends up empty. It seems like the site files get copied into a folder under the original domain name, leaving the folder for the new domain empty.

Dennis

Dennis

·
·

I just tested, it seemed to work for me. What flow did you used?

no votes yet
James Cocker

James Cocker

·
·

Interesting. I tried different servers, different domains and with and without a custom user. Will try and narrow it down further!

no votes yet
James Cocker

James Cocker

·
·

Maybe I forgot to mention I am cloning to a different server? If you still can't reproduce, I'll do a video.

no votes yet
James Cocker

James Cocker

·
·

Here's a video where I create a new site on server "staging", install a simple repository, then clone the site to server "twilight-grove" entering a different domain when cloning.

You can see folders for both the original and new domain are created on "twilight-grove" and the repo files are in the folder for the orig domain, when they should be in the new domain folder. So the clone doesn't work, as it's just got the "public" folder from the new site template in it, rather than the repo files (global.css and index.html).

https://p.spdr.me/312fDkjq

no votes yet
Dennis

Dennis

·
·

Thanks! Not a difficult edge-case, but it should be ressolved now.

no votes yet
You may use @ to mention someone.

Bug: The option to change domain for a site clone doesn't work

1 total vote
James Cocker
  • Dennis moved item to board Live

    3 months ago
  • Dennis moved item to board In progress

    3 months ago
  • Dennis moved item to board Under review

    1 year ago
  • James Cocker moved item to project Site Level Requests

    1 year ago
  • James Cocker created the item

    1 year ago