This card is about the Statamic CMS and the 1-click install.
I've seen multiple use-cases but the most used one is managing it via a own GIT repository. Obviously, with a 1-click install this doesn't come with a repository automatically.
So my thinking;
When we would serve a 1-click Statamic install we have 2 options:
1. Let Ploi create a repository as well in your GIT account so it all goes automatically and then installs the Statamic installation
2. Let Ploi install Statamic without GIT integration, this could especially be handy for users that are unknown with Statamic and want to get familiar with it.
Suggestions/feedback is appreciated.
I'd do it this way:
1. Create a site
2. Hit Statamic one click install
3. User has a choice of fully functional starter themes (works out of the box, doesn't require to write additional code; perhaps even suggest which ones work best out of the box)
4. User has to enter credentials for the `php please make:user` command inside the one click install form
5. Ploi creates statamic site with user and optimizes the site already for production (right .env settings & deploy script)
This way a user can experience Statamic (to it's full potential) without getting frustrated and their hands dirty.
I figured integrating the CLI was asking too much, but that would be brilliant for sure.
What a great idea to add it to Git!